YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 BOOK GOALS




I have a few book reading goals in mind for 2016 so I thought I should share them.
For my Goodreads year goal I want to read 65 books this year. I include manga in this so it shouldn't take too long to get to my goal.

My second book reading goal is to complete the new Book Riot Read Harder challenge.
There's 24 book prompts, and they are all very different from the books that I normally read.
Here's the list for this year 
  • Read a horror book
  • Read a nonfiction book about science
  • Read a collection of essays
  • Read a book out loud to somebody else
  • Read a middle grade novel
  • Read a biography (not a memoir or autobiography)
  • Read a dystopian or post-apocalyptic novel
  • Read a book originally published in the year you were born
  • Listen to an audiobook that has won an Audie award.
  • Read a book over 500 pages
  • Read a book under 100 pages
  • Read a book by or about someone who identifies with being transgender
  • Read a book that is set in the Middle East
  • Read a book that is by someone from Southeast Asia
  • Read a book of historical fiction that is set before 1900 
  • Read the first book of a series by a person of color
  • Read a non-superhero comic that debuted in the last three years
  • Read a book that was adapted into a movie. Then watch the movie. –Debate which is better
  • Read a nonfiction book about feminism or with feminist themes
  • Read a book about religion (fiction or nonfiction) 
  • Read a book about politics in your country or another (fiction or nonfiction)
  • Read a food memoir
  • Read a play
  • Read a book with a main character that has a mental illness 
Here's a link to the official check list> http://bookriot.com/2015/12/15/2016-book-riot-read-harder-challenge/
So yeah this is going to be a very hard challenge for me, if you have any recommendations for books that I can use for this list tell me in the comments. :D

My last book goal for this year is to read more poetry, because it's something I love but I barely read any poetry last year. 

What are your book goals? Do you have any goals that are not book goals? (I want to drink more water this year but coffee/tea is always calling my name) Tell me in the comments what your goals are for this year. 

Bye, 
Allison :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment