YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 7, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015 Experience

NaNoWriMo had ended and I have fallen into despair. I miss the rush of trying to get to 50,000 words in a month, but I did it! I won NaNoWriMo!!! This year was the first year I did NaNoWriMo and I hope to do it in future years. :D

I'm so proud of this accomplishment. 
Here's a snip of the first day:





The whole month my life consisted of two things,



By the 9th day I had hit a slump the excitement of NaNoWriMo had slowed down and I couldn't write much everyday. I was a pantser, I had no outline, no idea what to write next and I wasn't feeling my story anymore. 



But I told myself that enough was enough. I wrote a horrible outline (see a part of it below) but it actually ended up helping me move on with my story,  see the big picture of how I wanted the story to go. There was still some things I ended up writing about that wasn't in my outline like a death of a major character, but I just went with it and kept writing. 





By the last day I still had more than three thousand more words to write but I did it, I sat down and poured out thousands of words and won. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world.





So tell me your thoughts on NaNoWriMo~

Bye!
Allison~

No comments:

Post a Comment