YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Uriel ~The Haunter Chronicles~ (Book Review)

*I received a copy of this book from the author. That will not affect my review of it at all*

This is a pretty short, but fast paced book about Archangels being awakened and having to learn human things like our language, customs, history (which she learns super quickly by the way, like in a day.) and then they help us from the total destruction of the earth. Which is exactly what the main character, Uriel does. 

She wakes up and is super confused about everything she gets taken in by her guardian so she can train to save the world and fix it so darkness doesn't overcome the balance of light. But she's not the only Archangel, they are suppose to be others. Her guardian, Nikita makes Uriel go to high school so she can learn more about humans. There she meets a guy, Jophiel and they have an instant connection, because he's one of the Archangels too. She keeps gaining knowledge of her past and realizes that her and Jophiel's connection isn't just a coincidence, it's fate and they are in love with each other. Jophiel and her train together so that they can defeat the demons coming from hell and save the world. Uriel goes through many challenges and tragedies that try to break her and make her stop trying to save Earth throughout the book and she deals with them all the best she can. 

Now it's time to start talking about how I actually felt about the book. It's not one of my favorites but I would like to read the next book to see what happens, The story overall was very fast paced which made it hard to understand some things and I had to re-read the first chapter twice to understand what had happened because I was just as confused as Uriel was. But I think that was actually good for this story because the main character was confused so it made sense that we would be confused and in just a couple more pages everything that didn't make sense, well, made sense.
After I got used to the pace and started to understand how Uriel was thinking it was smooth sailing from there.

 There was a lot of character development particularly with Uriel, she changed in so many ways during this novel and that's something I love in a book. There must be character development for me to enjoy it, and there was. Though she kind of annoying in a couple parts because everything she did was because of her emotions, which is good, don't get me wrong but she should have thought more logically about things.

Something I really like about this book is that it talks about some very serious issues, like rape, suicide, getting drunk and getting taken advantage of, things like that. All those things are pretty serious and real things lots of people go through everyday and I'm glad the author decided to have  those things in the book.

One big question I have about this book is why is the series called "The Hallowed Chronicles"? I remember anything in the book relating to "Hallowed" at all, I get the chronicles part obviously but maybe I missed something in the book that would explain that part of the name or maybe that comes up in the other books. I don't know. But what I do know is that I'll be continuing the series and seeing how everything goes.

Story 4/5
Writing 5/5
Characters 4/5
Overall 4/5
*Remember this is my opinion*

Bye,
Allison c:

No comments:

Post a Comment