YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Matched (Book review)



I wasn't going to write a review for this but I feel the need to now. "Why?" you might ask, because I feel like I am the only person who actually liked this book. Perhaps it was because I had low hopes for it before I read it since it's about a love triangle, and the one thing I hate most in books are love triangles.
Me when I find out a book has a love triangle^

BUT it had a lot of underlining things in it. Such as the government controlling every part of your life. (ex. choosing who marry, what job you end up with and even the age when you will die.)

I think the main character, Cassia grows a lot throughout this book in my opinion. She starts out as doing what she has always done, listen to the Government. She was even excited for her Match Ceremony, when the Government chooses who she'll be with, but by the end of the book she knows that's not right and wants to set the people free from the Government so they can choose who they end up with. That's some nice character development. She started to think more for herself during this book and I quite liked that.

I will have to say that this dystopian novel is different then other ones in the same genre because it's not as action packed as The Hunger Games, or Divergent, but should all Dystopians be the same? Of course not.

This is kind of slow paced love triangle in a dystopian world where the Government controls everything. But even with me saying that I thought it was quite enjoyable, and I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I know it's been out for quite some time and my review is kind of pointless at this point I thought it best to share my view on this book.

I have no idea why it's gotten so much hate, were you expecting it to be The Hunger Games? Tell me your thoughts about this book.


4/5 Story
5/5 Writing
3.5/5 Characters
4/5 Overall
*Remember this is my opinion + that I am a sucker for Dystopian love stories.*

Bye,
Allison c:

No comments:

Post a Comment