YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I read Pride and Prejudice during my Spring Break.

While I should have been lying on a beach relaxing and getting a tan-which I will never since all I do is burn- I was in my room reading Pride and Prejudice. And that is absolutely okay with me. My family hadn't planned a vacation for this week and all my friends are out of town so I figured I should read a classic on my to be read shelf, and that is exactly what I did.

The book- Fantastic, no wonder this book's a classic, Jane Austen has a significant understanding of words. The book has plenty of dialogue, and not any action packed chapters which people seem to only read now and days -including myself- but there was something about it that made me give it 5 stars on Goodreads. It had an abundance of drama between the protagonist, Elizabeth, and her family and between Elizabeth and some rich people. There's love, marriage, drama, extensive houses, and quite a number of long walks. It's a story for people who like simple, but intelligent novels of an individual overcoming their prejudice and finding out who a person truly is. I've heard mixed reviews for this book, but people can't argue that it's a classic and that Jane Austen knows how to write a strong book. It might not have a rebellion or aliens or sparkling vampires, but it's a quite enjoyable book. I believe it shall forever be in my favorites.

My Spring Break- Book in hand, coffee -or- tea sitting by me the entire time. Enough said.


~Allison :3

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13986872/?claim=zmn7w3vp9ne">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>



No comments:

Post a Comment